Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. Every week they post a new top ten list and invite everyone to share their answers. This week was the top ten books I would love to read in a book club.
1. Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell- I have still not read this book, and it’s YA contemporary and I think that everyone would be able to relate to the main character.
2. The Chaos Walking trilogy by Patrick Ness. I actually was given The Knife of Never Letting Go at a book club at school…..and I never read it. I’d like to do a whole series (so does this count as three?)
3. Persuasion by Jane Austen- it’s the next Austen book I want to read.
4. One Day by David Nichols- I adore this book and I’d love to share it with other people. David Nichols is a favourite author.
5. A Study in Scarlet by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle- because it’s a classic and the best way to introduce people to Sherlock Holmes.
6. The Titanic’s Mummy by David J.H. Smith- a book written by a friend of mine, I’d like to know what other people think. It’s a good crime/horror.
7. The Casual Vacancy by J.K Rowling- to get people to see another side of J.K Rowling that isn’t Harry Potter.
8. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher- another contemporary, but an adult one this time. It’s really cute and I think everyone would enjoy it.
9. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak. It just needs to be read by everyone.
10. Dust and Shadow by Lyndsay Faye. It’s Sherlock Holmes and Jack the Ripper. Enough said.