Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the wonderful The Broke and The Bookish. This week’s category was Top Ten Favourite Heroines in Books (or movies/ tv.)
1. Elizabeth Bennett (Pride and Prejudice) Because she goes against the conventional norms and wants to marry for love- even if she despises the man when she first meets him. She also seems like a real genuine woman.
2. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter series) She’s brainy, she’s obviously the one in charge out of the three of them, and she’s a bookworm!
3. Tris Prior (Divergent) She’s bad ass. Enough said.
4. Valkyrie Cain (Skulduggery Pleasant) Because hanging out with a skeleton detective and dealing with magic is awesome!
5. Bridget Jones (does she count?) She’s a curvy woman with many vices but she’s also very very funny!
6. Mrs Hudson (Sherlock Holmes) She’s more than just a sweet old lady.
7. Arwen (Lord of the Rings) A badass she-elf helping to save Middle Earth and Queen of Gondor. I love her.
8. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games) Faced with death she does everything she can to survive.
9. Molly Weasley (Harry Potter) “Not my daughter, you bitch!”
10. Wanderer (The Host) She might be an alien but her character spoke to me about how to fight vulnerability.