Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new topic and this week’s topic is: Top Ten Books I’d Love To See As Movies/Tv Shows.
I actually found this really difficult as a lot of the books I could think of were already TV shows or movies.
1. Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell- I think this would make a really cute chick flick/romcom and I would definitely watch it if I could.
2. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher, again, a cute romcom movie could be made from this book as it’s so cute.
3. The Skulduggery Pleasant series by Derek Landy- a movie was rumoured but unfortunately never came to pass, but I could see this series as being a TV show, either live action or animated, and would probably be really fun to enjoy if it had the right cast.
4. The Selection series by Kiera Cass. I’m sure I heard somewhere that this would become a movie but it sounds good if it does eventually become one.
5. The Mary Russell and Sherlock Holmes series by Laurie. R. King. There are loads of books in this series! It would make a great TV show for something like netflix, a lot of people love Sherlock Holmes spin offs so it could be popular but again the right casting is crucial.
6. The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason would make an epic movie! A Victorian woman fighting vampires in her bustle and skirts? Hell yes.
7. Bridget Jones: Mad Abut the Boy by Helen Fielding- well, we’ve had the first two turned into movies, why not follow through?
8. The Inkheart trilogy by Cornelia Funke- I know Inkheart was made into a movie (it’s not the best but it’s okay) but it could be remade into a TV series with the other two books so that the world could last much longer.
9. The Georgia Nicholson series by Louise Rennison- again, the first book is a movie, but a TV series of these books would be hilarious! I’d love to see Georgia’s diaries made into a tv show. It could have potential.
10. And finally, Harry Potter (make a TV Series pleeeease. Or a prequel. Just keep the world going f o r e v e r )