Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week the theme is the top ten characters who are book nerds. I had difficulty finding ten but here’s the list.
1. Mo- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
A father who loves to read- and a man who could bring characters to life always resonated with me. Mo was the character I wanted to be my father. Coincidently I actually found myself with a likeness to another character in the book which leads me on to…
2. Meggie- Inkheart by Cornelia Funke
Meggie’s book box- her most prized possessions. I understand that completely. Her love of reading as a young child never faltered, even after losing her mother. Meggie is a real book nerd.
3. Liesel- The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
I couldn’t have a list about book nerds and not inclue Liesel- she loved books even though she couldn’t read, once she learnt, she was unstoppable!
4. Matilda- Matilda by Roald Dahl.
I always felt sorry for Matlida, she wasn’t allowed to read as much as she wanted to at home, but Miss Honey was the perfect teacher, by enhancing that love of reading.
5. Saskia- The Dandelion Years by Erica James.
A recent read for me, but there’s no denying how much Saskia loves books- not just reading them, but caring for them, and restoring them to all their glory. She’s beyond a book lover, she’s an enthusiast.
6. Hermione Granger- Harry Potter series by J.K. Rowling
Of course Hermione is on this list. She couldn’t not be.
7. Emma Morley- One Day by David Nicholls
Emma is a book nerd, self proclaimed, reading Russian literature, and other big hefty genres for entertainment and then becoming an author. You could say her life revolves around books.
8. Elizabeth Bennett- Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
It’s not obvious, but Austen does mention in the novel that Elizabeth loves reading, so I put her on this list.
9. Hazel/Gus- The Fault in Our Stars by John Green
I didn’t like the book but you can’t deny that Hazel and Gus’s love for An Imperial Affliction makes them both very bookish
10. Park- Eleanor and Park by Rainbow Rowell
Not exactly bookish, but Park loves reading comics. I feel this still gives him bookish qualities.