Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, this week, the focus is on characters- now I was going to switch it up a bit, but actually, I have answers for this topic. So, here are my Top Ten Characters Everyone Loves but I didn’t get.
- Anne, from Anne of Green Gables- I get that a lot of people love the story and love the character but….I’m picky, I just found her a little arrogant and she spoke far too much that the other characters seemed….well, I don’t know, I feel that Anne was perhaps a little too central.
- Draco Malfoy- Okay, yes, I love Harry Potter but like JK Rowling, I can’t see how anyone can love, literally, the boy who basically picked on Harry Potter throughout the entirety of his Hogwarts years. Was he just jealous? Spiteful? Full of hate? I think Draco is a spoilt brat, and although I love Harry Potter….Draco is never a character I can like (unless its the AVPM Malfoy cause that portrayal is genius)
- Christian Grey- I haven’t even read the book but he totally deserves a place on this list.
- Wren- Fangirl.
Let’s be clear here, I don’t hate Wren, I just hate the way she treated Cath. I love Cath and it made me feel down that her sister, her twin sister, started drifting away from her when they needed each other.
- Jasper Cullen- Twilight.
I could rant about MANY characters in the Twilight series, but Jasper I never understood, again, I don’t dislike him, I just don’t get him. I mean, sure, he was the one who found it most difficult to resist the bloodlust but compared to the others? I dunno- he and Alice were cute together but even so…. I felt out of all of them it was Jasper that seemed most freaky. (However, film Jasper is way more attractive than film Edward so….put me down for Team Jasper and his broodiness in that sense :P)
- Caroline Bingley- Pride and Prejudice.
The thing with Caroline is, well, I’m not sure if people /love/ her but I know they love the story. I disliked her from the moment she broke her brother and Jane up. I just don’t get why she needed to add pointless drama- AND SHE INSULTED MRS BENNET. Like woah girl, back off the matriarch.
- Tris Prior- Divergent
In the end she made the wrong decision because she thought her strength would get her through it. She always misjudged herself and others, and was it just me or did she get more arrogant as the trilogy progressed?
- Augustus Waters- The Fault in Our Stars
I just really didn’t like his written voice- I can’t really explain it but Hazel seemed so lovely and conflicted and Augustus was just like ‘Lets throw eggs at my blind friends ex girlfriends car to help him vent his anger!’
- Lara- Me and Mr J.
Who honestly thinks they can have a relationship with their school teacher and it’ll be fine and they’ll get away with it? Um- no-one. It’s weird.
- Peeta Mellark- The Hunger Games
Tries to hard. That’s what Peeta does. Sorry!
That’s my Top Ten Tuesday!
PLEASE DON’T HATE ME!
Thanks for reading!