With thanks to Jamie at Perpetual Page Turner for the survey!
Number Of Books You Read: 54
Number of Re-Reads: 6
Genre You Read The Most From: Fantasy & Science Fiction
1. Best Book You Read In 2016?
I read quite a few good books in 2016 so it’s hard to choose one but I’d probably say either Radio Silence by Alice Oseman or Inherited by Freedom Matthews.
2. Book You Were Excited About & Thought You Were Going To Love More But Didn’t?
Again, a few here- I was looking forward to Truthwitch by Susan Dennard but I ended up giving it a three start review. Not that it’s not good, I just didn’t find it amazing.
3. Most surprising (in a good way or bad way) book you read?
Being Somebody by Adrian Harvey. I won this from Lizzy at My Little Book Blog and had no idea what it was about bit ended up loving it.
4. Book You “Pushed” The Most People To Read (And They Did)?
None? I didn’t really tell people to read anything.
5. Best series you started in 2016? Best Sequel of 2016? Best Series Ender of 2016?
Definitely the Skulduggery Pleasant series. It’s brilliant and if recommend it to anyone
6. Favorite new author you discovered in 2016?
Adrian Harvey, Douglas Adams.
7. Best book from a genre you don’t typically read/was out of your comfort zone?
I don’t really read sci-fi unless it’s Doctor Who but the HitchhikersGuide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams is great!
8. Most action-packed/thrilling/unputdownable book of the year?
Definitely The Dying of the Light by Derek Landy, the last book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series.
9. Book You Read In 2016 That You Are Most Likely To Re-Read Next Year?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell
10. Favorite cover of a book you read in 2016?
Carry On by Rainbow Rowell- under the dust jacket I actually really love the cover!
11. Most memorable character of 2016?
Aled from Radio Silence .
12. Most beautifully written book read in 2016?
Don’t make me choose! They were all wonderful! The Tea Planters wife was one of those.
13. Most Thought-Provoking/ Life-Changing Book of 2016?
Ooh- I don’t know!
14. Book you can’t believe you waited UNTIL 2016 to finally read?
The Skulduggery Pleasant series considering the last one was published in 2015. Oops.
15. Favorite Passage/Quote From A Book You Read In 2016?
“Even the constellations can see us now: we are seventeen and shattered and still dancing. We have messy, throbbing hearts and we are stronger than anyone could ever ” – When We Collided by Emery Lord
16.Shortest & Longest Book You Read
Shortest: Gold, Babies and the Brothers Mullion by Derek Landy
Longest: The Key of Creation by A.R. Voss
17. Book That Shocked You The Most
Death Bringer, the sixth book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series. Finding out Skulduggery is Lord Vile broke me.
18. OTP OF THE YEAR (you will go down with this ship! )
Simon and Bar from Carry On because they’re just cute. Totally cute.
19. Favorite Non-Romantic Relationship Of The Year
Skulduggery and Valkyrie.
20. Favorite Book You Read in 2016 From An Author You’ve Read Previously
The Silkworm by Robert Galbraith.
21. Best Book You Read In 2016 That You Read Based SOLELY On A Recommendation From Somebody Else/Peer Pressure:
I didn’t! All the books I read this year were solely for myself.
22. Newest fictional crush from a book you read in 2016?
Nathaniel from Inherited by Freedom Matthews. He’s a proper gentleman ❤
23. Best 2016 debut you read?
Inherited by Freedom Matthews. Pirates meets Pride and Prejudice. What’s not to like! ?
24. Best Worldbuilding/Most Vivid Setting You Read This Year?
Probably a toss up between Initiate by Laura .L Fox or The Book of Ivy by Amy Eng el.
25. Book That Put A Smile On Your Face/Was The Most FUN To Read?
Harry Potter and the Cursed Child because it took me back to a place that always makes me happy- the wizarding world.
Also some of it was really far fetched sp it was fun go read.
26. Book That Made You Cry Or Nearly Cry in 2016?
Literally every one that had a death in it.
27. Hidden Gem Of The Year?
The Tea Planters Wife by Dinah Jefferies
28. Book That Crushed Your Soul?
Death Bringer by Skulduggery Pleasant because of the revelation.
29. Most Unique Book You Read In 2016?
Um…..probably The Adventures of Inspector Lestrade. I’ve never seen a book based on his perspective before.
30. Book That Made You The Most Mad (doesn’t necessarily mean you didn’t like it)?
The Number One Rule for Girls by Rachel McIntyre or The Heir by Kiera Cass.
1. New favorite book blog you discovered in 2016?
I’ve followed a few people this year but I can’t say I’d someone is my favourite because I love them all!
2. Favorite review that you wrote in 2016?
Probably my review of Inherited because it was part of the blog tour!
3. Best discussion/non-review post you had on your blog?
I don’t do discussions but the main non-review post I remember posting was my tribute to Louise Rennison who sadly passed away in 2016.
4. Best event that you participated in (author signings, festivals, virtual events, memes, etc.)?
Unfortunately none 😦
5. Best moment of bookish/blogging life in 2016?
All the moments!
6. Most challenging thing about blogging or your reading life this year?
I think probably trying to read and blog whilst also participating in NaNoWriMo. That was a struggle
7. Most Popular Post This Year On Your Blog (whether it be by comments or views)?
Looking at my stats I discovered it was one of my Top Ten Tuesday posts, the one about popular characters everyone loves but I don’t get.
8. Post You Wished Got A Little More Love?
Top Ten Benedict Cumberbatch movies because he’s fabulous.
9. Best bookish discover (book related sites, book stores, etc.)?
10. Did you complete any reading challenges or goals that you had set for yourself at the beginning of this year?
I completed my Goodreads reading challenge and I also managed to complete a few of the categories of the popsugar reading challenge.
1. One Book You Didn’t Get To In 2015 But Will Be Your Number 1 Priority in 2017?
I’m not going to set monthly TBRs I’m just going to wing it
2. Book You Are Most Anticipating For 2017 (non-debut)?
The tenth book in the Skulduggery Pleasant series!!!
3. 2017 Debut You Are Most Anticipating?
I don’t know yet.
4. Series Ending/A Sequel You Are Most Anticipating in 2017?
Can I sat Skulduggery Pleasant again?
5. One Thing You Hope To Accomplish Or Do In Your Reading/Blogging Life In 2017?
Clear my TBR in order to have a huge unusual.
6. A 2017 Release You’ve Already Read & Recommend To Everyone:
Watch this space 😛
I might fill it in at a later date.