Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish. This week, the theme was Ten Things that Make you Instantly NOT Read a Book!
- Hype- I read hyped up books once the hype has died down, but of the books I read that were hyped up, I haven’t liked them, so I tend to be wary of hyped books now.
- Supernatural fiction- I’m not overly keen on witchy/angel/fae books- there are some exceptions but I usually avoid them.
- Horror- I don’t like blood and gore.
- Unrealistic Relationships. (e.g student and teacher)
- Ugly covers (JUDGE ME I DON’T CARE)
- Focus on an eating disorder- I don’t care if it is a book to demonstrate the health problems and warnings, having had an eating disorder, I don’t want to read these types of books in case they are written badly/under-researched/glorified.
- Bad reviews.
- Low ratings.
- John Green. (I’ve read two of his books now and I wasn’t overly keen on either of them)
Some of these are controversial I know!
Anyway, thanks for reading!